Recently I decided that I wanted to have html reports of my ScalaTest unit tests. What I didn’t realize was that it would *remove* my console output!
When I first added html reports, I discovered that the required a dependency I wasn’t aware of: pegdown.
Adding html reports was as easy as setting it in the testOptions:
(testOptions in Test) += Tests.Argument(TestFrameworks.ScalaTest, "-h", "target/report")
As I mentioned above, this caused the following error:
So I added the latest version of PegDown to my build.sbt and set its scope to test:
"org.pegdown" % "pegdown" % "1.6.0" % "test"
But then I discovered that I wasn’t getting any console output for my tests!
The answer is to simply add both to your testOptions sequence:
testOptions in Test ++= Seq(Tests.Argument(TestFrameworks.ScalaTest, "-o"), Tests.Argument(TestFrameworks.ScalaTest, "-h", "target/test-reports"))